Sunday, January 31, 2010
Nellie: Our Great Dane Puppy
Travis called me on Friday morning and said he had a surprise for me. Obviously I was pretty excited. I had no idea what it could possibly be, maybe new furniture or some sort of cute decoration? Trav went on to tell me that it was coming from Lyman and that the lady bringing it was leaving in 5 minutes so he needed to "OKAY" it with me first (nothing like pressure). He told me to look on KSL and there she was a 6 week old great dane puppy! Not at all what I was expecting but man I love her soooo much, she's adorable! I honestly can't even imagine how gigantic she will be (especially since she will be an indoor dog, along with our golden retriever)! Four kids and two dogs, YIKES! It took us about 24 hours to finally name her though. We literally had two pages full of names. It was tricky when everybody liked something different. Emmie wanted Emery but we thought two "Ems" in our house would be a bit confusing. Kayla liked Anavey but that just didn't sound quite right. Finally we all agreed on Nellie!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She's already huge... I can't wait to see her when we come visit you guys.
ReplyDeleteGood Lord what is Aiden doing to that poor dog! Cute Pup, Rhiannon! Jason
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I am so excited for you guys. The kids look like they are really enjoying her.
ReplyDeleteSo funny to see your post today. I bowl with some girls from Lyman and she was just telling me yesterday that she just sold all of her great dane pups. She said they were cute gray and white ones, so I'm sure this one was one of hers. Puppies are sooooo cute. Good luck with her. I know she has a great home!!
ReplyDelete