Thursday, September 16, 2010
Makaylas Moment
Tonight as I was giving a lesson at our enrichment (that's my calling), I had my phone on vibrate in my back pocket. The WHOLE time I was teaching it was vibrating and of course I couldn't just say "um excuse me while I see whose calling me", so tacky right, so of course I waited. Makayla had called me a MILLION times, my sister Kim had called and left a message and also Janie. I thought something bad had happened to Travis or my dad because they are gone hunting (and just ask Janie, that is when everything BAD happens). Oh no, Makayla had forgotten that we had a nice long conversation about where I would be and that after her volleyball game she would need to find a ride home. When she got home the house was dark and the garage door going into our house was open. Being the 12 year old that she is, she totally freaked out (doesn't help that her and her cute friend Sara have been psyching themselves out lately with silly ghost stories). She called my sister and Janie, panicked because she had no idea where me and the kids were. Pretty soon everybody was worried about us thinking maybe one of the kids was hurt and we rushed to the hospital. Needless to say I KINDLY reminded Kayla that we had a conversation about where I would be and she replied shrugging her shoulders "oh, that's right, I forgot". Hmmm can you say BLONDE MOMENT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment