Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Bird Rescue
The other morning the kids were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast when we all heard a loud thunk against the living room window. Emmie said that she saw a bird hit it. We looked on the front porch and this cute little guy was just laying there. I thought for sure he broke a wing. He was still breathing but didn't move at all. I was a little unsure what to do so I called my dad (since he has always raised pigeons). He told me to put it in a box, otherwise a cat might come and get it (which I definitely didn't want my kids to see). It didn't move at all when I picked it up but as soon as I set it in the box it started moving around a little. After a few minutes it jumped out of the box and flew away. Needless to say we were all very happy that the little thing was ok. The sweetest part was that after it flew away, Emmie was so excited and told me that Heavenly Father answered her prayer. (I guess she had said a little prayer while I was on the phone with my dad) 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment