Archibald Family

Archibald Family

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tis' The Season

What an amazing holiday season we had this year.  Of course we enjoyed wonderful gifts but the best part was being able to spend time with so much family.  On Christmas Eve we had Dale, Julee, Sheri and her boyfriend over for dinner.  We love them so much and as usual they spoiled all of us.  Oh and of course the kids got their "Christmas Eve" jammies, as is the tradition at our house and has been for as long as I can remember.













The day after Christmas we went to my parents house and all of my sisters and their families came.  We even got to have grandma Yorgensen with us for a bit.  Nothing beats all being together!  The cousins all LOVE to hang out.  We had a yummy dinner (of course, nothing beats Gma Janies cooking), we played a little ping pong (which Dylan really enjoyed) and the best part was when my dad broke out his guitar and we all sang Christmas songs.  I have such fond memories of doing that when I was growing up.  My dad gave a little speech about how this (meaning our family) was what Christmas was all about and how he treasured those times.  We were all so full of the spirit and the appreciation that because of our Savior we can all be together forever.  I am so thankful for the season to help us remember the true meaning.  I pray that I can keep that spirit with me throughout the year.













SPECIAL CHRISTMAS GIFT
 This year my sister Kim and Rob were blessed with a special little angel as their Christmas gift.  They had been trying to adopt for the last year and a half and after a long wait, their prayers have been answered.  Maleea Faith Skinner is now the newest member of our family.  She is the cutest little thing.  She is so tiny, I can hardly remember my children being so little.  Seems like just yesterday that I was holding them, so tiny and helpless.  Wow where does the time go.  Anyway, Kim asked my dad if he would bless Maleea while we were all at the house and what a special blessing it was!  We love you all so very much and couldn't be more happy for you.  Congrats sweet sister!





No comments:

Post a Comment